Saturday, March 8, 2008

NEVER USE Network Solutions! -EVER!

Serously, pass this post on to everyone you know. I'm furious because I know they just screwed me. but the average person who's never bought a domain name before won't know the difference. I HATE seeing companies screw people just because they know they can get away with it.

if you have a domain name you're thinking about getting NEVER search for it using NetworkSolutions.com!! they will lock the domain as if a customer is buying it (ie, you) and then try to charge you $35 for it! when the going rate on other sites, like godaddy, is $9 or $10.

but since I searched with NetworkSolutions first, now GoDaddy can't register it because NetworkSolutions put a lock on the domain... all GoDaddy can do is offer to "buy on back order" for $20.

NEVER USE Network Solutions. They will Screw You instantly.

Can you tell, I'm furious!? I just had to pay the $35 and now I know I'm going to have to pay another $12 to transfer the domain name to the host I normally use simply because I thought it would be easy to do a quick search on domain names at Network Solutions (rather than log into my account with my current host.)

instead of paying $9, I'll be paying $48 ($35+$12)!

I repeat, NEVER USE Network Solutions. When I called in and asked WTF!!? the woman said "it's standard, $35 PER YEAR for a domain name with network solutions." I said "why? other sites charge $9. What is Network Solutions going to give me that's worth $35?", she said "well you get access to the network solutions account manager." --are you kidding me!? You get nothing. zero. they just screw you and try to screw you again EVERY YEAR.

NEVER USE Network Solutions.

Ever.

~Danny

Oh and BTW, their account manager is a frigging joke! It's a million buttons and ads for upgrading and buying more domain names/upgrades, and one button up in the corner that actually lets you see your account and do anything useful. I didn't even have to blur out any info on the images below because it's actually that hard to tell if you're actually logged into your account... there's not "account like" infomation like, oh I don't know, the domain I just paid $35 to register.






I love that "Hurry, before they're GONE!", which probably means they've already locked them so you can't registar them for $9 elsewhere.

Serously, pass this post on to everyone you know. I'm furious because I know the just screwed me. but the average person who's never bought a domain name before won't know the difference. I HATE seeing companies screw people just because they know they can get away with it.

1 comment:

Danny said...

this happened to a friend as well. they said the lock was released after 4 or 5 days.